Something I’ve discovered about the global blogger community is that its members are incredibly generous with their ideas, their constructive comments and their support for one another.
When Jenny from This Tiny Blue House nominated me as one of her favourite bloggers, I was really touched by her kindness, so was keen to return the favour.
The rules of this game are as below:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have mentioned them and provide the link to the post you created
So, thank you, Jenny!
How I got started
My keen interest in minimalism began in 2014, when I started my journey towards a clutter-less existence. I began to to see the benefits of decluttering straight away, but took things a step further when I started the blog in summer 2016.
A quiet week on vacation with my daughter had made me see that I needed to make some significant changes in my life to enable me to enjoy a fuller life (but with less stuff). I wanted to create more capacity in my life to focus on the things that really mattered. This blog was a way to reflect on that journey.
Two pieces of advice
- Be yourself. People say, “Can you be a minimalist with a family, car, job, dog and all of the associated responsibilities?” Well, I say you can and my blog is designed to share my mid-life, family perspective. Whatever you’re writing about, consider how your unique perspective can add a distinctive voice to a particular theme or topic.
- Be helpful. Chances are, if you’re writing regularly (and reading more widely about your particular area of interest), you’ll have built up a level of knowledge and expertise that could help others on their journey. It’s lovely to interact with those who read my posts and I try to be as helpful as possible if others seek advice.
My 15 nominations
- https://thistinybluehouse.com – parenting, frugal living, simplicity
- https://raeritchie.com/ – fashion, beauty, mental health and more from fellow Warwickshire-based writer whose insights and articles on a range of topics are both enjoyable and informative
- https://ptmoney.com/ – personal finance with some practical tips (I love the 52 Week Money Saving Challenge)
- http://maketodayhappy.co.uk/ – happiness, kindness and that famous calendar (check it out!)
- http://bemorewithless.com/ – Courtney Carver’s blog, full of inspiration, simplicity and her global phenomenon: Project333
- http://thesimplelifenotebook.com/ – Another UK-based blog, with great advice if you’re starting out on your journey towards simplicity
- http://www.oneemptyshelf.com/ – more British simplicity combined with nesting, the outdoors and some wonderful reflections
- http://slowyourhome.com/ – with her related Podcast and recently-published book, check out Brooke McAlary’s blog and bring some Aussie sunshine into your life
- http://minimalistbaker.com/ – Dana’s Shultz’s beautifully photographed and truly delicious plant-based recipes with minimal prep’ and ingredients
- http://mymakedoandmendlife.com/ – Jen Gale’s fabulous blog, which emanates from her of buying nothing new.
- https://asmallwardrobe.com – hints and tips for establishing, maintaining and enjoying a minimalist wardrobe
- http://www.becomingminimalist.com/ – Joshua Becker’s inspirational blog, the ‘go to’ place for all you ever needed to know about living a life of more with less
- http://www.happysimpleliving.com/ – the art of less with a sustainability theme
- https://thehappypear.ie/blog/ – the Flynn boys from the Emerald Isle whose recipes form the basis of most of my daily menu! Their Vegan Wellington is such a lovely recipe for a Sunday lunch or special meal with friends
- https://www.doyogawithme.com/yoga-blog – A blog with a difference, full of practical classes to practice, with great visuals and precise instruction
Oh, can I have just one more?
- http://caitflanders.com/ – Formerly, Blonde on a Budget, discover the lastest in Cait’s story here
Some of these blogs might be new to you; others familiar. What’s your favourite? Is there a blog you read regularly that’s not featured here? I’d love to know.
Join the Community
Don’t forget, you can click here to Join the Community to receive unique content and an occasional newsletter, straight to your inbox.